Step 1 - Apply the primer to the entire surface
1 coat required on a clean surface, apply with a small foam roller or brush, let dry to transparency, about 45 minutes * Two coats are required if the primer is absorbed quickly when applied to a very porous surface.
Step 2 - Concrete Coating
Mix the concrete with water, use a mixer, scrape the edges well for a smooth texture. Apply 2 to 3 thin layers (less than 1mm) with a trowel, wait about 1 hour between each layer. Apply within 5 hours of mixing, always cover the boiler. Sand the next day with a rotary sander, start at 120, then at 180, 350 for a very smooth finish.
Step 3 - The sealer
(3 options) 1 to 2 coats
- Wall sealer, dry 1 to 3 hours or more
- Countertop sealer, dry 1 to 3 hours or more
- Impregnating sealant, must dry 8 hours or more
Apply one coat with a foam or short nap roller, without surplus and without bubbles.
Step 4 - The varnish or the urethane
(6 options) 2 to 4 coasts
- Matt wall varnish
- Satin wall varnish
- Matte countertop varnish
- Satin countertop varnish
2 to 4 coats are necessary, use a short nap roller, apply without surplus and without bubbles. Wait about 1 hour to 3 hours between coats or more, sand by hand with 220 between coats
- Matte urethane
- Satin urethane
see the procedure for applying urethane
Pre-step 1 - Preparation products
(optional, if necessary) * Always start with the primer
- Ceramic leveler : 1 to 2 coats with a trowel, dry for 24 hours then follow steps 1 to 4
- Sealing Coating : 2 coats with a foam roller, 1 hour or more between coats, waterproofing strips in the corners, dry for 24 hours then follow steps 1 to 4